On Thursday, January 17th, Rutgers slipped by South Florida 70-67 in conference play. The Scarlet Knights got the win with a season-high 14 points and three rebounds from Wally Judge. Jerome Seagears had five points and added seven assists. For the Bulls, Jawanza Poland got a game-high 17 points and five rebounds. Rutgers (12-4, 3-2 Big East) takes on 20th-ranked Notre Dame (14-3, 2-2 Big East) on Saturday, January 19th on the road.
Rutgers Game Notes
- The last time Rutgers started the season 12-4 was 2005.
- The Scarlet Knights have won 5 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Rutgers has won 25 close games.
- The Scarlet Knights have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 28 or more field goals made.
- Rutgers has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) when its field goal percentage has been 47.5% or better.
- Rutgers has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 28 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Rutgers has won 91% of the time (10-1) when Eli Carter has 13 points or more and 90% of the time (9-1) when Myles Mack has 5 field goals made or more.
- Rutgers set a season low for turnovers.
- The Scarlet Knights have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 5 games.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Scarlet Knights came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--Rutgers has a 7.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jerome Seagears recorded a team season high in assists with 7.
- The top two rebounders (Kadeem Jack and Jerome Seagears) accounted for 40.6% of the rebounds.
- Kadeem Jack has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 16 games this season.
- Wally Judge had a career high with 7 field goals made.
- Jerome Seagears had a career high with 7 assists.
South Florida Game Notes
- The Bulls have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, South Florida has lost 27 close games.
- This loss extended the Bulls losing streak to 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Jawanza Poland and Victor Rudd) accounted for 41.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Martino Brock and Javontae Hawkins) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Jawanza Poland has led the team in scoring 4 times in 16 games this season.
- Victor Rudd has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Jawanza Poland set a career high with 3 three-pointers.