Longwood vs. UNC Asheville: Full Game Preview
|Longwood||T Carey 15.2||M Kessens 9.4||L Woodhouse 5.8|
|UNC Asheville||J Atkinson 16.9||J Atkinson 7.6||T Meyer 3.9|
On Saturday, North Carolina-Asheville hosts Longwood at Kimmel Arena. Tip-off is at 4:30 EST.
North Carolina-Asheville is currently in 5th place in the Big South and Longwood is in 11th.
In their last match-up, Trent Meyer finished with 22 points in the Bulldogs 74-68 loss against Charleston Southern on January 16th. He paces the team in assists per game with 3.9, and steals per game with 1.7. For the Lancers, Tristan Carey finished with 23 points and 5 rebounds in the 82-72 loss to Radford on January 16th. With 15.2 points per game and 2.1 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
- It's only wins and losses, but North Carolina-Asheville has a better overall record than Longwood this season (6-7 vs 3-11).
- Longwood has been ducking North Carolina-Asheville for over 30 years.
- North Carolina-Asheville has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.559 to 0.391).
- The North Carolina-Asheville assist leader (Trent Meyer) has more assists than the Longwood assist leader (Nik Brown).
- North Carolina-Asheville players are more experienced than Longwood players (6,470 minutes played vs 6,137 minutes played).
- North Carolina-Asheville is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on North Carolina-Asheville is 207 lbs compared to 198 lbs for Longwood.
- Trent Meyer is ranked 5th in the Big South in assists, 5th in the Big South in steals, and 9th in the Big South in blocks.
- North Carolina-Asheville has a more potent offense, scoring more points (72.9 per game vs 65.6 per game) than Longwood this season.
- The North Carolina-Asheville blocks leader (D.J. Cunningham) has more blocks than the Longwood blocks leader (Michael Kessens).
- North Carolina-Asheville is better at defending the three (34.2% allowed vs 39.8% allowed) than Longwood this season.
- Keith Hornsby is ranked 8th in the Big South in points and 4th in the Big South in three-pointers.