|UCF||K Clanton 17.8||K Clanton 9.8||I Sykes 4.7|
|Houston||J Young 17.2||T Thomas 9.6||J Thompson 3.5|
On Saturday, UCF heads to Hofheinz Pavilion to take on Houston. Tip-off is at 6:00 EST. The Knights are 3-3 against the Cougars over the last four years. They won 74-63 on 1/11/2012 the last time they played.
In their last game, Keith Clanton put up 36 points and 8 rebounds in the Knights 88-85 loss to East Carolina on January 12th. He contributes a team-leading 17.8 points per game, 9.8 rebounds per game, and 1.9 blocks per game. For the Cougars, Danuel House finished with 22 points in the 89-78 loss to East Carolina on January 16th. He contributes 5.1 rebounds per game in addition to his 13.5 points per game. One category in which Houston is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 17.8, ranking 2nd in their conference (and 49th nationally).
- UCF waxed Houston by 11 points the last time they played (Jan 11, 2012).
- UCF is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on UCF is 77.9 inches compared to 76.1 inches for Houston.
- The UCF assist leader (Isaiah Sykes) has more assists than the Houston assist leader (J.J. Thompson).
- UCF allows fewer rebounds (32.1 allowed per game vs 37.0 allowed per game) than Houston this season.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, UCF has had more players drafted by the NBA than Houston (1 vs 0).
- Isaiah Sykes is ranked 1st in C-USA in assists and 3rd in C-USA in steals.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? UCF currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (930 to 910) than Houston, per the NCAA.
- UCF is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on UCF is 220 lbs compared to 198 lbs for Houston.
- The UCF scoring leader (Keith Clanton) has more points than the Houston scoring leader (TaShawn Thomas).
- UCF players are more experienced than Houston players (8,852 minutes played vs 5,989 minutes played).
- Kasey Wilson is ranked 10th in C-USA in blocks.
|C||C. Newell Jr.||31||9||2||3||1||0||3|
|D||Robert King III||2||0||0||0||0||0||0|