|Syracuse||B Triche 14.1||C Fair 7.1||M Carter-Williams 9.4|
|Louisville||R Smith 18.9||G Dieng 10.4||P Siva 5.6|
On Saturday, No. 1 Louisville welcomes No. 6 Syracuse at KFC Yum! Center. It gets started at 4:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN. The Cardinals are 5-2 against the Orange over the last four years. They fell 58-49 on 3/3/2012, the last time they met.
Syracuse and Louisville share 1st place in the Big East.
In their last outing, behind 23 points from Russ Smith, the Cardinals blew out Connecticut 73-58 on January 14th. With 18.9 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. For the Orange, C.J. Fair put up 22 points and 5 rebounds in the 72-61 win over Villanova on January 12th. He is averaging 13.6 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 7.1 per game. When considering the Four Factors, Syracuse performs well in offensive rebounding percentage at 42.3. This ranks 1st in the conference and 5th in the country.
- Louisville players are more experienced than Syracuse players (11,459 minutes played vs 9,561 minutes played).
- Chane Behanan is ranked 4th in the Big East in rebounds.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Louisville has come back to win after being down at half against Syracuse 4 times since 2006.
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Louisville is superior to Syracuse (Latest AP Poll: #4 vs #7).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Louisville has a stronger schedule than Syracuse this season (SOS Rank: #27 vs #118).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Louisville currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (965 to 936) than Syracuse, per the NCAA.
- Louisville has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Syracuse (2 vs 1).
- At least you keep showing up. Louisville has an average margin of victory of 8 over Syracuse in 9 wins since 1985.
- Diaper Dandies love us. Louisville has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Syracuse (19 vs 17).
- Russ Smith is ranked 17th nationally in points, 9th in the Big East in three-pointers, and 8th nationally in steals.
- The Louisville rebounding leader (Chane Behanan) has more rebounds than the Syracuse rebounding leader (C.J. Fair).
|C||S. Van Treese||14||2||4||0||1||0||0|