|Hofstra||T Buie 14.3||J Hall 9.4||S Mejia 4.2|
|George Mason||S Wright 17.9||E Copes 5.2||B Allen 3.1|
On Saturday, Hofstra visits Patriot Center to take on George Mason. Tip-off is at 5:00 EST and you can see it on NBCSN. The Pride are 1-6 against the Patriots over the last four years. They lost 72-62 the last time they played (2/8/2012).
Hofstra is in 6th place in the conference and trying to catch 4th place George Mason.
In spite of 19 points and 5 rebounds from David Imes, the Pride came up short 65-60 against Northeastern on January 16th. He is putting up 6.9 points per game while also averaging 5.1 rebounds per game. For the Patriots, Sherrod Wright finished with 23 points and 5 rebounds in the 68-57 win over James Madison on January 15th. With 17.9 points per game and 1.2 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
George Mason StatSmack
- Moussa Kone is ranked 10th in the CAA in blocks.
- David Imes is ranked 7th in the CAA in blocks.
- Jimmy Hall is ranked 6th in the CAA in rebounds and 8th in the CAA in blocks.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Hofstra has come back to win after being down at half against George Mason 4 times since 2001.
- At least you keep showing up. Hofstra has an average margin of victory of 10 over George Mason in 8 wins since 2001.
- Hofstra is better at defending the three (32.9% allowed vs 36.8% allowed) than George Mason this season.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Hofstra currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (979 to 975) than George Mason, per the NCAA.
- The Hofstra steals leader (Stevie Mejia) has more steals than the George Mason steals leader (Sherrod Wright).
- The Hofstra rebounding leader (Stephen Nwaukoni) has more rebounds than the George Mason rebounding leader (Sherrod Wright).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Hofstra has had more players drafted by the NBA than George Mason (1 vs 0).
- Stevie Mejia is ranked 3rd in the CAA in assists and 6th in the CAA in steals.