|Maryland||A Len 13.5||A Len 8.1||P Howard 5.0|
|North Carolina||J Michael McAdoo 14.4||J Michael McAdoo 8.1||M Paige 4.2|
Maryland travels to Dean E. Smith Center on Saturday to take on North Carolina. Tip-off is at 12:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN. The Terrapins are 2-5 against the Tar Heels over the last four years. They fell 85-69 on 3/9/2012, the last time they met.
Maryland is in 5th place in the ACC and North Carolina is in 8th. Both teams continue to fight for position.
In their last match-up, Alex Len finished with 10 points and 6 rebounds in the Terrapins 51-50 victory over NC State on January 16th. The do-it-all performer chips in a team-leading 13.5 points per game, 8.1 rebounds per game, and 2.1 blocks per game. For the Tar Heels, Reggie Bullock put up 12 points and 8 rebounds in the 77-72 win over Florida State on January 12th. He contributes 5.8 rebounds per game in addition to his 13.5 points per game. When considering the Four Factors, North Carolina performs well in offensive rebounding percentage at 39.0. This ranks 2nd in the conference and 17th in the country.
North Carolina StatSmack
- Charles Mitchell is ranked 9th in the ACC in rebounds.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Maryland has come back to win after being down at half against North Carolina 5 times since 1996.
- Maryland has a better scoring defense (59.3 allowed per game vs 69.9 allowed per game) than North Carolina this season.
- It must sting. Maryland has blown out North Carolina by 20 points or more on 3 occasions since 2001.
- The Maryland assist leader (Pe`Shon Howard) has more assists than the North Carolina assist leader (Dexter Strickland).
- At least you keep showing up. Maryland has an average margin of victory of 11 over North Carolina in 22 wins since 1980.
- Maryland is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Maryland is 218 lbs compared to 206 lbs for North Carolina.
- Maryland allows fewer rebounds (29.5 allowed per game vs 38.5 allowed per game) than North Carolina this season.
- Pe`Shon Howard is ranked 28th nationally in assists.
- Maryland does a better job contesting shots (35.1% allowed vs 38.7% allowed) than North Carolina this season.