|Iowa State||W Clyburn 14.1||M Ejim 9.6||K Lucious 5.6|
|TCU||K Anderson 11.9||A McKinney 6.9||K Anderson 3.5|
On Saturday, TCU welcomes Iowa State at Daniel-Meyer Coliseum. It starts at 1:30 EST and you can catch it on Big 12 Network. The Horned Frogs have not played the Cyclones since the 1997-98 season, when they won 93-54.
Iowa State maintains 5th place in the Big 12 while TCU sits at 9th place.
The Horned Frogs fell 67-54 to Kansas State on January 16th. Adrick McKinney finished with 18 points and 9 rebounds in the loss. He is averaging 7.8 points per game while also contributing a team-high 6.9 rebounds per game. For the Cyclones, Melvin Ejim finished with 16 points and 13 rebounds in the 69-67 win over West Virginia on January 16th. He is averaging 11.1 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 9.6 per game.
Iowa State has a statistical edge over TCU in three key areas. One concern is assists, where the Cyclones hold the advantage over the Horned Frogs, 17 per game to 10 per game. Additionally, Iowa State has an edge over TCU in scoring, 81 points per game to 55 points per game. And lastly, the Cyclones have the edge in rebounding, 42 per game to 32 per game. The Four Factors in which Iowa State stands out are defensive rebounding percentage at 72.5 and effective field goal percentage at 52.5.
Iowa State StatSmack
- TCU has a better scoring defense (54.5 allowed per game vs 67.0 allowed per game) than Iowa State this season.
- You get an A for effort, but TCU has emerged victorious against Iowa State the last 4 times they've played.
- Kyan Anderson is ranked 9th in the Big 12 in points, 7th in the Big 12 in three-pointers, 7th in the Big 12 in assists, and 6th in the Big 12 in steals.
- At least you keep showing up. TCU has an average margin of victory of 14 over Iowa State in 4 wins since 1981.
- TCU embarrassed Iowa State by 39 points the last time they played (Dec 24, 1997).
- The TCU basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Iowa State (93% vs 35%).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? TCU currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (948 to 943) than Iowa State, per the NCAA.
- Adrick McKinney is ranked 8th in the Big 12 in rebounds.
|D+||N. Butler Lind||29||4||2||2||1||0||2|
|D+||C. Hill Jr.||14||3||2||0||0||0||1|
|D||Clyde Smith III||11||1||1||1||0||0||1|