|Penn||F Dougherty 15.7||F Dougherty 8.6||M Cartwright 3.4|
|Saint Joseph's||C Jones 15.3||R Roberts Jr. 8.7||C Wilson 3.9|
On Saturday, St. Joseph's (PA) takes on Pennsylvania. It gets started at 5:00 EST and you can see it on ESPN U. The Hawks are 2-2 against the Quakers over the last four years. They fell 84-80 on 1/21/2012, the last time they met.
The Hawks were defeated by Virginia Commonwealth 92-86 on January 17th despite 22 points from Langston Galloway. While contributing 3.7 rebounds per game, he also scores 15.3 points per game. In a 54-53 victory over New Jersey Tech on January 17th, Miles Cartwright put up 12 points and 9 rebounds for the Quakers. He averages 13.5 points per game in addition to a team-best 3.4 assists per game.
St. Joseph's (PA) has an advantage over Pennsylvania in two key statistical categories. The Hawks don't turn it over as much, with an average of 11 per game to 17 per game. In addition, St. Joseph's (PA) has an advantage in scoring, 69 points per game to 61 points per game.
- C.J. Aiken is ranked 15th nationally in blocks.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, St. Joseph's has had more players drafted by the NBA than Pennsylvania (3 vs 0).
- St. Joseph's has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.468 to 0.398).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. St. Joseph's has a stronger schedule than Pennsylvania this season (SOS Rank: #75 vs #322).
- St. Joseph's has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Pennsylvania ($48,704 vs $53,064).
- It must sting. St. Joseph's has blown out Pennsylvania by 20 points or more on 4 occasions since 2007.
- The St. Joseph's assist leader (Chris Wilson) has more assists than the Pennsylvania assist leader (Miles Cartwright).
- St. Joseph's is a better three-point shooting team (33.5% vs 29.9%) than Pennsylvania this season.
- The St. Joseph's three-point leader (Langston Galloway) has more three-pointers than the Pennsylvania three-point leader (Miles Cartwright).
- St. Joseph's is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on St. Joseph's is 206 lbs compared to 188 lbs for Pennsylvania.
- The St. Joseph's blocks leader (C.J. Aiken) has more blocks than the Pennsylvania blocks leader (Fran Dougherty).
|B||R. Roberts Jr.||32||11||9||1||1||1||1|