|Ohio State||D Thomas 20.3||D Thomas 6.6||A Craft 4.6|
|Michigan State||K Appling 13.7||A Payne 7.2||K Appling 4.5|
No. 18 Michigan State hosts No. 11 Ohio State at Breslin Center on Saturday. Tip-off is at 6:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN. The Spartans are 4-4 against the Buckeyes over the last four years. They won 68-64 on 3/11/2012 the last time they played.
Michigan State is in 2nd place in the conference and needs to hold off 4th place Ohio State.
The Spartans got past Penn State 81-72 on January 16th with the help of 20 points and 7 rebounds from Adreian Payne. He leads the team with 7.2 rebounds per game and 1.2 blocks per game. For the Buckeyes, Deshaun Thomas finished with 20 points in the 56-53 win over Michigan on January 13th. With 20.3 points per game and 6.6 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Ohio State StatSmack
- Adreian Payne is ranked 4th in the Big Ten in rebounds and 4th in the Big Ten in blocks.
- East Lansing isn't as congested as Columbus (population is significantly lower).
- Branden Dawson is ranked 50th nationally in steals and 5th in the Big Ten in blocks.
- The Michigan State assist leader (Keith Appling) has more assists than the Ohio State assist leader (Aaron Craft).
- At least you keep showing up. Michigan State has an average margin of victory of 9 over Ohio State in 35 wins since 1980.
- Michigan State beat Ohio State by 4 points the last time they played (Mar 11, 2012).
- The Michigan State rebounding leader (Derrick Nix) has more rebounds than the Ohio State rebounding leader (Deshaun Thomas).
- Michigan State has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Ohio State (3 vs 2).
- The Michigan State blocks leader (Adreian Payne) has more blocks than the Ohio State blocks leader (Amir Williams).
- AP voters think more highly of Michigan State and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Ohio State (141 vs 119).
|B||L. Smith Jr.||27||10||6||2||1||0||1|
|C||A. Della Valle||10||3||2||0||0||1||1|