Southern Methodist vs. UTEP: Full Game Preview
|Southern Methodist||J Jones 15.0||J Jones 8.4||N Russell 4.2|
|UTEP||K Tucker 12.6||J Bohannon 6.5||J Streeter 4.8|
Southern Methodist heads to Don Haskins Center on Saturday to take on Texas-El Paso. It gets started at 4:00 EST and you can catch it on CSS. The Mustangs are 1-7 against the Miners over the last four years. The last time they met (3/3/2012) they won 57-48.
Texas-El Paso is in 4th place in the conference and Southern Methodist is in 9th place.
The Mustangs were defeated by Southern Miss 74-70 on January 16th despite 20 points and 12 rebounds from Jalen Jones. He leads the team in points with 15.0 per game, rebounds with 8.4 per game, and steals with 1.6 per game. For the Miners, John Bohannon finished with 11 points and 9 rebounds in the 45-42 loss to Tulsa on January 16th. With 6.5 rebounds per game and 1.8 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Texas-El Paso StatSmack
- Southern Methodist is a better three-point shooting team (40.3% vs 36.1%) than Texas-El Paso this season.
- The Southern Methodist basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Texas-El Paso (92% vs 73%).
- The Southern Methodist assist leader (Nick Russell) has more assists than the Texas-El Paso assist leader (Jacques Streeter).
- It's only wins and losses, but Southern Methodist has a better overall record than Texas-El Paso this season (10-4 vs 6-5).
- Southern Methodist beat Texas-El Paso by 9 points the last time they played (Mar 03, 2012).
- Cannen Cunningham is ranked 2nd in C-USA in blocks.
- The Southern Methodist blocks leader (Cannen Cunningham) has more blocks than the Texas-El Paso blocks leader (John Bohannon).
- Nick Russell is ranked 9th in C-USA in points, 2nd in C-USA in assists, and 7th in C-USA in steals.
- The Southern Methodist scoring leader (Jalen Jones) has more points than the Texas-El Paso scoring leader (Julian Washburn).
- Southern Methodist can actually jump, with more rebounds (34.5 per game vs 29.7 per game) than Texas-El Paso this season.
- At least you keep showing up. Southern Methodist has an average margin of victory of 8 over Texas-El Paso in 14 wins since 1982.
|D+||K. Dunleavy Jr.||2||0||0||0||0||0||0|