Morehead State vs. Tennessee-Martin: Full Game Preview
|Morehead State||M Chavis 11.9||C Posthumus 6.8||D Atkinson 5.2|
|Tennessee-Martin||M Taylor 16.8||M Taylor 7.6||J Childs 2.6|
On Saturday, Tennessee-Martin hosts Morehead State at Skyhawk Arena. It starts at 7:00 EST. The Skyhawks are 1-7 against the Eagles over the last four years. They lost 62-56 the last time they played (1/21/2012).
Morehead State is in 5th place in the conference and Tennessee-Martin is in 11th place.
In their last match-up, Myles Taylor finished with 15 points and 8 rebounds in the Skyhawks 90-53 loss against Belmont on January 12th. He contributes team-best marks with 16.8 points per game, 7.6 rebounds per game, and 0.6 blocks per game. For the Eagles, Drew Kelly finished with 15 points in the 75-59 blowout of Southeast Missouri State on January 17th. He contributes 3.5 rebounds per game in addition to his 7.6 points per game. A key area of strength for Morehead State is offensive rebounding percentage at 39.0, which ranks 1st in their conference (and 17th nationally).
Morehead State StatSmack
- Justin Childs is ranked 7th in the Ohio Valley in steals.
- At least you keep showing up. Tennessee-Martin has an average margin of victory of 9 over Morehead State in 13 wins since 1991.
- Mike Liabo is ranked 7th in the Ohio Valley in three-pointers.
- Myles Taylor is ranked 4th in the Ohio Valley in points and 4th in the Ohio Valley in rebounds.
- Tennessee-Martin is a better free-throw-shooting team (74.2% vs 67.0%) than Morehead State this season.
- The Tennessee-Martin scoring leader (Myles Taylor) has more points than the Morehead State scoring leader (Milton Chavis).
- The Tennessee-Martin three-point leader (Mike Liabo) has more three-pointers than the Morehead State three-point leader (Milton Chavis).
- The Tennessee-Martin rebounding leader (Myles Taylor) has more rebounds than the Morehead State rebounding leader (Chad Posthumus).
- The Tennessee-Martin basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Morehead State (60% vs 43%).
- Tennessee-Martin players are more experienced than Morehead State players (8,524 minutes played vs 7,451 minutes played).