Creighton vs. Wichita State: Full Game Preview
|Creighton||D McDermott 24.0||D McDermott 7.2||G Gibbs 5.8|
|Wichita State||C Early 15.5||C Hall 7.8||M Armstead 3.7|
Wichita State welcomes No. 12 Creighton to Charles Koch Arena on Saturday. The game gets underway at 4:00 EST and you can see it on ESPN 2. The Shockers are 5-4 against the Bluejays over the last four years. The last time they met (2/11/2012) they won 89-68.
Creighton and Wichita State are close in the Missouri Valley, holding down 1st and 2nd place, respectively.
In their last game, Cleanthony Early put up 16 points and 5 rebounds in the Shockers 74-62 win over Illinois State on January 16th. He leads the team with 15.5 points per game. For the Bluejays, Doug McDermott put up 31 points in the 79-68 win over Northern Iowa on January 15th. With 24.0 points per game and 7.2 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. From a tempo-free perspective, Creighton is strong in the following categories: effective field goal percentage at 61.3 and defensive rebounding percentage at 74.1.
- Diaper Dandies love us. Wichita State has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Creighton (2 vs 1).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Wichita State has come back to win after being down at half against Creighton 4 times since 2002.
- At least you keep showing up. Wichita State has an average margin of victory of 10 over Creighton in 28 wins since 1980.
- Carl Hall is ranked 3rd in the Missouri Valley in blocks.
- The Wichita State steals leader (Malcolm Armstead) has more steals than the Creighton steals leader (Grant Gibbs).
- Wichita State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.722 to 0.701).
- Cleanthony Early is ranked 7th in the Missouri Valley in points.
- We make our fans proud. Wichita State has a better record at home than Creighton this season (7-0 vs 8-1).
- Demetric Williams is ranked 6th in the Missouri Valley in steals.
- Wichita State embarrassed Creighton by 21 points the last time they played (Feb 11, 2012).
- Malcolm Armstead is ranked 9th in the Missouri Valley in assists and 4th in the Missouri Valley in steals.
|C-||Fred Van Vleet||14||3||2||2||1||0||2|