UNLV vs. Colorado State: Full Game Preview
|UNLV||A Bennett 19.0||A Bennett 8.9||A Marshall 5.9|
|Colorado State||C Iverson 14.9||P Hornung 10.3||D Green 4.0|
UNLV heads to Moby Arena on Saturday to take on Colorado State. It takes place at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on NBCSN. The Rebels are 5-3 against the Rams over the last four years. They lost 66-59 the last time they played (2/29/2012).
Colorado State is in 4th place in the conference and nipping at the heels of 2nd place UNLV.
In their last outing, behind 20 points and 8 rebounds from Anthony Marshall, the Rebels defeated San Diego State 82-75 on January 16th. He leads the team in assists per game with 5.9 while also putting up 9.7 points per game. For the Rams, Pierce Hornung put up 12 points and 9 rebounds in the 79-40 blowout of Air Force on January 16th. With 10.3 rebounds per game and 1.1 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. Three advanced metrics in which Colorado State is especially proficient are defensive rebounding percentage at 77.0, offensive rebounding percentage at 42.7, and turnover percentage at 17.0.
Colorado State StatSmack
- Anthony Marshall is ranked 39th nationally in assists and 6th in the Mountain West in steals.
- The UNLV assist leader (Anthony Marshall) has more assists than the Colorado State assist leader (Dorian Green).
- UNLV is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on UNLV is 78.4 inches compared to 77.4 inches for Colorado State.
- The UNLV steals leader (Justin Hawkins) has more steals than the Colorado State steals leader (Dorian Green).
- UNLV is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on UNLV is 213 lbs compared to 204 lbs for Colorado State.
- The UNLV scoring leader (Anthony Bennett) has more points than the Colorado State scoring leader (Colton Iverson).
- Katin Reinhardt is ranked 8th in the Mountain West in three-pointers and 10th in the Mountain West in assists.
- UNLV is better under pressure, and has defeated Colorado State in 6 out of the last 10 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- UNLV takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Colorado State (5 vs 2).
- Justin Hawkins is ranked 3rd in the Mountain West in steals.
|D||Joe De Ciman||6||1||1||0||0||0||0|