|Rutgers||E Carter 15.9||W Judge 6.2||D Miller 2.8|
|Notre Dame||E Atkins 16.5||J Cooley 10.7||E Atkins 6.0|
Rutgers travels to Joyce Center on Saturday to take on No. 20 Notre Dame. Tip-off occurs at 8:00 EST and you can see it on SNY, Big East Net, MASN. The Scarlet Knights are 2-4 against the Fighting Irish over the last four years. They lost 71-53 the last time they played (2/15/2012).
Notre Dame is in 6th place in the conference and just behind 4th place Rutgers with a chance to catch up.
The 14 points by Wally Judge helped the Scarlet Knights to a 70-67 victory over South Florida on January 17th. On top of a team-high 6.2 rebounds per game, he also scores 7.9 points per game. For the Fighting Irish, Eric Atkins put up 21 points and 6 steals in the 67-63 loss to St. John's on January 15th. He contributes a team-leading 16.5 points per game, 6.0 assists per game, and 2.3 steals per game. Notre Dame will hope to exploit their strength in effective field goal percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 57.0 in this area ranks 1st in the conference and 4th in the country.
Notre Dame StatSmack
- Rutgers is better under pressure, and has defeated Notre Dame in 3 out of the last 5 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Rutgers has a stronger schedule than Notre Dame this season (SOS Rank: #288 vs #294).
- Rutgers has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Notre Dame ($25,272 vs $51,735).
- Rutgers has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Notre Dame ($36,734 vs $51,735).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Rutgers has had more players drafted by the NBA than Notre Dame (2 vs 1).
- The Rutgers three-point leader (Myles Mack) has more three-pointers than the Notre Dame three-point leader (Scott Martin).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Rutgers currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (952 to 1000) than Notre Dame, per the NCAA.
- At least you keep showing up. Rutgers has an average margin of victory of 8 over Notre Dame in 13 wins since 1983.
- Rutgers players are more experienced than Notre Dame players (11,598 minutes played vs 11,322 minutes played).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Rutgers has come back to win after being down at half against Notre Dame 3 times since 2001.
- Rutgers has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Notre Dame ($19,760 vs $28,371).