|Texas A&M||E Turner 16.3||R Turner 6.6||A Caruso 3.3|
|Alabama||T Releford 16.3||R Cooper 4.4||T Lacey 3.5|
Alabama hosts Texas A&M at Coleman Coliseum on Saturday. Tip-off is at 6:00 EST and you can catch it on FSN. The Crimson Tide last played the Aggies on 12/13/2008 and lost 86-78.
Texas A&M and Alabama are tied for 3rd in the SEC.
In their last match-up, Levi Randolph finished with 18 points and 8 rebounds in the Crimson Tide 75-43 blowout of Mississippi State on January 16th. While contributing 4.0 rebounds per game, he also scores 8.7 points per game. The Aggies were defeated by Florida 68-47 on January 17th despite 12 points from Alex Caruso. He puts up a team-leading 3.3 assists per game, 2.1 steals per game, and 0.7 blocks per game.
Texas A&M StatSmack
- The Alabama blocks leader (Devonta Pollard) has more blocks than the Texas A&M blocks leader (Kourtney Roberson).
- Alabama players are more experienced than Texas A&M players (9,219 minutes played vs 7,835 minutes played).
- Alabama has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (0.634 to 0.508).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Alabama has a stronger schedule than Texas A&M this season (SOS Rank: #33 vs #113).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Alabama has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Texas A&M (10 vs 2).
- At least you keep showing up. Alabama has an average margin of victory of 12 over Texas A&M in 3 wins since 1991.
- The Alabama basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Texas A&M (75% vs 64%).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Alabama currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (984 to 933) than Texas A&M, per the NCAA.
- Trevor Lacey is ranked 5th in the SEC in three-pointers and 10th in the SEC in assists.
- Alabama has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Texas A&M ($29,814 vs $32,175).
- Trevor Releford is ranked 5th in the SEC in steals.