|Texas Tech||J Crockett 13.8||J Crockett 8.3||J Gray 2.7|
|Oklahoma State||M Brown 14.9||P Jurick 7.2||M Smart 4.7|
On Saturday, Oklahoma State welcomes Texas Tech at Gallagher-Iba Arena. The game tips off at 2:00 EST and it can be seen on ESPN2. The Cowboys are 7-2 against the Red Raiders over the last four years. The last time they met (3/7/2012) they won 76-60.
Texas Tech and Oklahoma State are packed together in the conference, holding down 7th and 6th place, respectively.
In their last outing, despite 19 points and 6 rebounds from Markel Brown, the Cowboys fell to Oklahoma 77-68 on January 12th. He leads the team in scoring average, scoring 14.9 points per contest. The Red Raiders were defeated by Oklahoma 81-63 on January 16th despite 20 points and 9 rebounds from Dejan Kravic. He averages 10.2 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.5 blocks per game.
Texas Tech StatSmack
- Philip Jurick is ranked 7th in the Big 12 in blocks.
- Oklahoma State takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Texas Tech (5 vs 3).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Oklahoma State has a stronger schedule than Texas Tech this season (SOS Rank: #56 vs #335).
- Oklahoma State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.612 to 0.430).
- You get an A for effort, but Oklahoma State has emerged victorious against Texas Tech the last 4 times they've played.
- Oklahoma State is a better three-point shooting team (32.5% vs 26.3%) than Texas Tech this season.
- The Oklahoma State assist leader (Marcus Smart) has more assists than the Texas Tech assist leader (Josh Gray).
- Le`Bryan Nash is ranked 8th in the Big 12 in points.
- The Oklahoma State scoring leader (Markel Brown) has more points than the Texas Tech scoring leader (Jaye Crockett).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Oklahoma State is superior to Texas Tech (Latest AP Poll: #22 vs Not Ranked).
- Marcus Smart is ranked 4th in the Big 12 in assists, 16th nationally in steals, and 8th in the Big 12 in blocks.
|D+||J. Williams, Jr.||20||5||2||2||0||0||1|