Louisiana-Monroe vs. Arkansas State: Full Game Preview
|Louisiana-Monroe||A Olatayo 14.0||J James 6.9||J James 4.4|
|Arkansas State||E Townsel 15.6||B Peterson 9.3||R Dickerson 2.4|
On Saturday, Arkansas State hosts Louisiana-Monroe at Convocation Center (AR). Tip-off is at 8:05 EST. The Red Wolves are 6-1 against the Warhawks over the last four years. The last time they met (2/2/2012) they won 72-64.
Arkansas State is currently in 6th place in the Sun Belt and Louisiana-Monroe is in 10th.
The Red Wolves were defeated by Louisiana 61-56 on January 12th despite 15 points and 6 rebounds from Trey Finn. While contributing 4.9 rebounds per game, he also scores 8.6 points per game. The Warhawks were defeated by South Alabama 71-56 on January 17th despite 16 points from Marcelis Hansberry. He is averaging 8.4 points and 2.4 rebounds per game.
Arkansas State has an advantage in two key statistical areas. First, in rebounding, the Red Wolves have an edge over the Warhawks, 37 per game to 28 per game. Additionally, Arkansas State has the advantage over Louisiana-Monroe in scoring, 69 points per game to 58 points per game.
- Rakeem Dickerson is ranked 4th in the Sun Belt in steals.
- Arkansas State players are more experienced than Louisiana-Monroe players (12,329 minutes played vs 4,750 minutes played).
- How does our back look? Arkansas State is ranked higher than Louisiana-Monroe in the Sun Belt (#3 vs #7).
- The Arkansas State steals leader (Edward Townsel) has more steals than the Louisiana-Monroe steals leader (Kyle Koszuta).
- Arkansas State beat Louisiana-Monroe by 8 points the last time they played (Feb 02, 2012).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Arkansas State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (968 to 843) than Louisiana-Monroe, per the NCAA.
- Even computers respect Arkansas State more. We have a better RPI this season than Louisiana-Monroe (RPI: #195 vs #294).
- Arkansas State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.493 to 0.262).
- The Arkansas State blocks leader (Brandon Peterson) has more blocks than the Louisiana-Monroe blocks leader (Jayon James).