Colgate vs. Lehigh: Full Game Preview
|Colgate||M Burnatowski 17.3||L Roh 6.3||L Roh 3.4|
|Lehigh||C McCollum 23.9||H Greiner 6.3||M McKnight 5.1|
Colgate visits Stabler Arena on Saturday to take on Lehigh. It starts at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on 2 Sports. The Raiders are 3-6 against the Mountain Hawks over the last four years. They fell 70-57 on 2/29/2012, the last time they met.
In spite of 17 points from Murphy Burnatowski, the Raiders came up short 73-59 against Bucknell on January 16th. On top of his scoring average of 17.3 points per game, he delivers 6.0 rebounds per game. For the Mountain Hawks, Holden Greiner finished with 22 points in the 63-57 win over American University on January 16th. He leads the team in rebounds with 6.3 per game and blocks with 0.9 per game.
Comparing team stats, Lehigh looks to have the edge in one significant category, scoring, where the Mountain Hawks have the upper hand over the Raiders, 78 points per game to 65 points per game. Lehigh can be found near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: effective field goal percentage at 55.5 and turnover percentage at 17.7.
- Murphy Burnatowski is ranked 28th nationally in points, 4th in the Patriot in rebounds, 29th nationally in three-pointers, 3rd in the Patriot in steals, and 8th in the Patriot in blocks.
- It must sting. Colgate has blown out Lehigh by 20 points or more on 5 occasions since 1996.
- Brandon James is ranked 7th in the Patriot in rebounds.
- Colgate has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Lehigh (#19 vs #35).
- The Colgate blocks leader (John Brandenburg) has more blocks than the Lehigh blocks leader (Gabe Knutson).
- The Colgate rebounding leader (Murphy Burnatowski) has more rebounds than the Lehigh rebounding leader (Holden Greiner).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Colgate currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (984 to 1000) than Lehigh, per the NCAA.
- Colgate can actually jump, with more rebounds (36.5 per game vs 32.3 per game) than Lehigh this season.
- Colgate is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Colgate is 211 lbs compared to 188 lbs for Lehigh.
- John Brandenburg is ranked 5th in the Patriot in blocks.
- Mitch Rolls is ranked 5th in the Patriot in assists.