Wofford vs. Elon: Full Game Preview
|Wofford||K Cochran 16.0||L Skinner 7.2||I Faithfull 3.3|
|Elon||L Troutman 15.2||R Beaumont 6.7||A Hamilton 3.3|
On Saturday, Elon welcomes Wofford at Alumni Gym. It gets started at 7:00 EST. The Phoenix are 1-5 against the Terriers over the last four years. They lost 72-59 the last time they played (2/15/2012).
Wofford is in 10th place in the conference and Elon is in 5th place.
In a 73-59 win over Furman on January 17th, Lucas Troutman put up 18 points for the Phoenix. He paces the team in points per game with 15.2, and blocks per game with 2.1. For the Terriers, Karl Cochran put up 11 points in the 71-52 loss to North Carolina-Greensboro on January 16th. He leads the team in points with 16.0 per game, steals with 2.3 per game, and blocks with 0.5 per game.
Elon has a statistical advantage over Wofford in one significant category, scoring, where the Phoenix have an edge over the Terriers, 70 points per game to 59 points per game. Wofford ranks 2nd in their conference in defensive rebounding percentage at 72.5, which also places them 39th in the country.
- Jack Isenbarger is ranked 9th in SoCon in points and 24th nationally in three-pointers.
- Elon has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (48% vs 62%).
- It's only wins and losses, but Elon has a better overall record than Wofford this season (8-5 vs 6-7).
- Lucas Troutman is ranked 7th in SoCon in points, 4th in SoCon in steals, and 38th nationally in blocks.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Elon currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (995 to 963) than Wofford, per the NCAA.
- Elon can actually jump, with more rebounds (36.5 per game vs 31.9 per game) than Wofford this season.
- The Elon blocks leader (Lucas Troutman) has more blocks than the Wofford blocks leader (Karl Cochran).
- At least you keep showing up. Elon has an average margin of victory of 7 over Wofford in 7 wins since 2003.
- Elon has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Wofford (#173 vs #204).
- Ryley Beaumont is ranked 6th in SoCon in rebounds.
- Austin Hamilton is ranked 7th in SoCon in assists and 3rd in SoCon in steals.