SIU Edwardsville vs. Murray State: Full Game Preview
|SIU Edwardsville||J Jones 15.6||M Yelovich 5.4||R Reed 3.3|
|Murray State||I Canaan 21.6||E Daniel 10.7||I Canaan 4.0|
On Saturday, Murray State plays host to SIU Edwardsville at CFSB Center. The game tips off at 8:30 EST and you can catch it on ESPN3.com. The Racers are 5-0 against the Cougars over the last four years. The last time they met (1/21/2012) they won 82-65.
Murray State is 3rd in the Ohio Valley and SIU Edwardsville is in 7th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In their last match-up, Isaiah Canaan finished with 17 points and 6 assists in the Racers 70-49 blowout of Eastern Illinois on January 17th. On top of his scoring average of 21.6 points per game, he delivers 4.0 assists per game. For the Cougars, Jerome Jones put up 22 points and 5 rebounds in the 66-53 win over Austin Peay on January 17th. With 15.6 points per game and 1.4 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Murray State looks to have the advantage over SIU Edwardsville in one significant area, scoring, where the Racers have an edge over the Cougars, 74 points per game to 62 points per game.
SIU Edwardsville StatSmack
- Murray State is a better shooting team (46.5% vs 40.5%) than SIU Edwardsville this season.
- We just win. Murray State has more wins over the last 5 years than SIU Edwardsville (131 vs 30).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Murray State has a stronger schedule than SIU Edwardsville this season (SOS Rank: #42 vs #200).
- The Murray State blocks leader (Ed Daniel) has more blocks than the SIU Edwardsville blocks leader (Tim Johnson).
- Isaiah Canaan is ranked 21st nationally in points, 14th nationally in three-pointers, and 8th in the Ohio Valley in assists.
- You get an A for effort, but Murray State has emerged victorious against SIU Edwardsville the last 9 times they've played.
- Murray State takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than SIU Edwardsville (4 vs 0).
- Dexter Fields is ranked 9th in the Ohio Valley in three-pointers.
- At least you keep showing up. Murray State has an average margin of victory of 21 over SIU Edwardsville in 9 wins since 1982.
- Murray State does a better job contesting shots (40.3% allowed vs 45.2% allowed) than SIU Edwardsville this season.
- It must sting. Murray State has blown out SIU Edwardsville by 20 points or more on 6 occasions since 2002.