American University vs. Holy Cross: Full Game Preview
|American University||S Lumpkins 16.0||S Lumpkins 13.0||D Munoz 3.6|
|Holy Cross||D Dudzinski 15.8||D Dudzinski 6.9||J Stevens 2.8|
On Saturday, Holy Cross welcomes American University at Hart Center. It gets started at 2:00 EST. The Crusaders are 3-6 against the Eagles over the last four years. The last time they met (2/11/2012) they won 59-52.
In a 62-47 dismantling of Navy on January 16th, Dave Dudzinski put up 16 points and 10 rebounds for the Crusaders. An integral part of the team, he leads the way in points (15.8), rebounds (6.9), and blocks (1.0). For the Eagles, Stephen Lumpkins finished with 10 points and 17 rebounds in the 63-57 loss to Lehigh on January 16th. He contributes a team-leading 16.0 points per game, 13.0 rebounds per game, and 1.5 blocks per game.
American University StatSmack
- Justin Burrell is ranked 10th in the Patriot in points and 9th in the Patriot in assists.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Holy Cross currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (995 to 970) than American University, per the NCAA.
- The Holy Cross basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than American University (100% vs 82%).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Holy Cross has come back to win after being down at half against American University 7 times since 2001.
- It's only wins and losses, but Holy Cross has a better overall record than American University this season (7-6 vs 4-9).
- Holy Cross has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (36% vs 53%).
- Holy Cross is better at defending the three (27.3% allowed vs 38.7% allowed) than American University this season.
- Holy Cross has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than American University according to Kiplinger (86.7% vs 71.5%).
- Holy Cross is better under pressure, and has defeated American University in 5 out of the last 9 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Holy Cross has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than American University (#36 vs #84).
|F||W. Flood Jr.||2||0||1||0||0||0||1|