Pacific vs. CS Northridge: Full Game Preview
|Pacific||L McCloud 11.2||S Taku 3.9||L McCloud 3.8|
|CS Northridge||S Hicks 17.3||S Maxwell 7.9||J Greene 3.9|
On Saturday, Pacific heads to Matador Gymnasium to take on Cal State Northridge. The game tips off at 10:05 EST. The Tigers are 7-2 against the Matadors over the last four years. They won 62-61 on 2/11/2012 the last time they played.
Pacific is 4th in the Big West and Cal State Northridge is in 10th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The Tigers were defeated by Hawaii 60-52 on January 17th despite 15 points from Sama Taku. With 3.9 rebounds per game and 1.1 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. For the Matadors, Stephen Maxwell put up 18 points and 11 rebounds in the 74-71 loss to UC Davis on January 17th. He is averaging 13.6 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 7.9 per game. When considering the Four Factors, Cal State Northridge performs well in offensive rebounding percentage at 37.8. This ranks 2nd in the conference and 38th in the country.
Cal State Northridge StatSmack
- Pacific allows fewer rebounds (31.8 allowed per game vs 35.7 allowed per game) than Cal State Northridge this season.
- Pacific takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Cal State Northridge (3 vs 1).
- Pacific players are more experienced than Cal State Northridge players (8,624 minutes played vs 5,993 minutes played).
- We just win. Pacific has more wins over the last 5 years than Cal State Northridge (98 vs 78).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Pacific currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (943 to 918) than Cal State Northridge, per the NCAA.
- The Pacific basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Cal State Northridge (95% vs 23%).
- Pacific is better under pressure, and has defeated Cal State Northridge in 8 out of the last 11 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- At least you keep showing up. Pacific has an average margin of victory of 9 over Cal State Northridge in 21 wins since 2001.
- Pacific has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (0.618 to 0.472).
- It must sting. Pacific has blown out Cal State Northridge by 20 points or more on 3 occasions since 2005.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Pacific has a stronger schedule than Cal State Northridge this season (SOS Rank: #26 vs #132).
|C-||R. De Souza||18||4||2||2||1||0||1|