|Utah State||P Medlin 16.3||J Shaw 8.4||P Medlin 3.2|
|Denver||C Udofia 12.4||R O`Neale 5.9||C Udofia 3.5|
Denver hosts Utah State at Magness Arena on Saturday. Tip-off is at 6:30 EST and it can be seen on ROOT-RM. The Pioneers are 1-1 against the Aggies over the last four years. They won 67-54 on 11/30/2011 the last time they played.
Utah State is in 3rd place in the WAC and just behind 2nd place Denver with a chance to catch up.
In their last match-up, Chris Udofia finished with 15 points in the Pioneers 73-37 blowout of San Jose State on January 17th. He leads the team in points with 12.4 per game, assists with 3.5 per game, and blocks with 2.2 per game. For the Aggies, Kyisean Reed finished with 6 points in the 64-51 loss to New Mexico State on January 17th. With 1.8 blocks per game and 1.6 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. Areas of strength for Utah State include: offensive rebounding percentage at 38.5 and effective field goal percentage at 54.3.
Utah State StatSmack
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Denver currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (976 to 964) than Utah State, per the NCAA.
- Chase Hallam is ranked 4th in the WAC in steals and 10th in the WAC in blocks.
- The Denver blocks leader (Chris Udofia) has more blocks than the Utah State blocks leader (Kyisean Reed).
- Royce O`Neale is ranked 9th in the WAC in points, 10th in the WAC in three-pointers, 9th in the WAC in assists, and 9th in the WAC in steals.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Denver has a stronger schedule than Utah State this season (SOS Rank: #65 vs #340).
- The Denver three-point leader (Brett Olson) has more three-pointers than the Utah State three-point leader (Preston Medlin).
- Denver waxed Utah State by 13 points the last time they played (Nov 30, 2011).
- Brett Olson is ranked 1st in the WAC in three-pointers.
- Chris Udofia is ranked 4th in the WAC in assists and 34th nationally in blocks.
- The Denver assist leader (Chris Udofia) has more assists than the Utah State assist leader (Preston Medlin).
- Denver players are more experienced than Utah State players (9,062 minutes played vs 6,886 minutes played).