|Sacred Heart||S Gibson 18.8||L Montes 6.6||P Gaetano 7.4|
|St. Francis (PA)||U Shannon 13.4||E Brown 8.6||U Shannon 4.1|
Sacred Heart heads to DeGol Arena on Saturday to take on St. Francis (PA). It gets started at 2:00 EST and it can be seen on FCS or ESPN3.com. The Pioneers are 4-2 against the Red Flash over the last four years. The last time they met (2/25/2012) they won 72-57.
Sacred Heart is in 2nd place in the conference, St. Francis (PA) is in 11th place.
In their last outing, despite 27 points and 6 rebounds from Shane Gibson, the Pioneers fell to Robert Morris 66-62 on January 17th. He leads the team with 18.8 points per game. For the Red Flash, Earl Brown put up 14 points and 18 rebounds in the 75-66 loss to Quinnipiac on January 17th. He leads the team in rebounds with 8.6 per game and blocks with 0.8 per game.
St. Francis (PA) StatSmack
- We just win. Sacred Heart has more wins over the last 5 years than St. Francis (76 vs 38).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Sacred Heart has a stronger schedule than St. Francis this season (SOS Rank: #101 vs #142).
- At least you keep showing up. Sacred Heart has an average margin of victory of 10 over St. Francis in 11 wins since 1999.
- Phil Gaetano is ranked 31st nationally in assists.
- The Sacred Heart blocks leader (Nick Greenbacker) has more blocks than the St. Francis blocks leader (Earl Brown).
- Louis Montes is ranked 8th in the NEC in rebounds.
- Sacred Heart is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Sacred Heart is 76.6 inches compared to 75.4 inches for St. Francis.
- Sacred Heart embarrassed St. Francis by 15 points the last time they played (Feb 25, 2012).
- Sacred Heart is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Sacred Heart is 205 lbs compared to 186 lbs for St. Francis.
- You get an A for effort, but Sacred Heart has emerged victorious against St. Francis the last 2 times they've played.
- The Sacred Heart scoring leader (Shane Gibson) has more points than the St. Francis scoring leader (Umar Shannon).
|D-||M. Abdel Latif||9||1||3||0||0||1||1|