Syracuse vs. Louisville: Full Game Preview
|Syracuse||B Triche 14.1||C Fair 7.1||M Carter-Williams 9.4|
|Louisville||R Smith 18.9||G Dieng 10.4||P Siva 5.6|
On Saturday, No. 6 Syracuse travels to KFC Yum! Center to take on No. 1 Louisville. It starts at 4:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN. The Orange are 2-5 against the Cardinals over the last four years. The last time they met (3/3/2012) they won 58-49.
Syracuse is tied with Louisville for 1st in the conference.
The Orange got past Villanova 72-61 on January 12th with the help of 22 points and 5 rebounds from C.J. Fair. He leads the team in rebounds per game with 7.1 while also putting up 13.6 points per game. For the Cardinals, Chane Behanan finished with 16 points and 9 rebounds in the 73-58 blowout of Connecticut on January 14th. He is averaging 11.4 points and 7.5 rebounds per game.
- Syracuse beat Louisville by 9 points the last time they played (Mar 03, 2012).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Syracuse has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Louisville (22 vs 15).
- The Syracuse blocks leader (Rakeem Christmas) has more blocks than the Louisville blocks leader (Montrezl Harrell).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Syracuse has had more players drafted by the NBA than Louisville (10 vs 4).
- Syracuse can actually jump, with more rebounds (44.8 per game vs 38.6 per game) than Louisville this season.
- C.J. Fair is ranked 6th in the Big East in rebounds.
- The only thing that matters. Syracuse has more NCAA Championships over the last 10 years than Louisville (1 vs 0).
- Michael Carter-Williams is ranked 1st nationally in assists and 6th nationally in steals.
- You get an A for effort, but Syracuse has emerged victorious against Louisville the last 2 times they've played.
- We just win. Syracuse has more wins over the last 5 years than Louisville (152 vs 145).
|C||S. Van Treese||14||2||4||0||1||0||0|