Villanova vs. Providence: Full Game Preview
|Villanova||J Pinkston 12.9||M Yarou 6.2||R Arcidiacono 3.3|
|Providence||B Cotton 21.6||L Henton 8.3||V Council 6.7|
On Saturday, Villanova travels to Dunkin' Donuts Center to take on Providence. It takes place at 4:00 EST and you can see it on PHL17, Cox, MSG, MASN. The Wildcats are 4-1 against the Friars over the last four years. They won 74-72 on 2/7/2012 the last time they played.
Villanova is currently in 6th place in the conference and Providence is in 13th.
In spite of 14 points from Darrun Hilliard, the Wildcats came up short 58-43 against Pittsburgh on January 16th. On top of a team-high 1.6 steals per game, he also scores 9.7 points per game. For the Friars, LaDontae Henton finished with 14 points and 10 rebounds in the 74-65 loss to Georgetown on January 16th. He leads the team in rebounds with 8.3 per game and steals with 1.6 per game.
- We just win. Villanova has more wins over the last 5 years than Providence (121 vs 84).
- We win when it counts, too. Villanova has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Providence (12 vs 0).
- Villanova is better under pressure, and has defeated Providence in 5 out of the last 5 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Ryan Arcidiacono is ranked 3rd in the Big East in three-pointers.
- Villanova has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.660 to 0.489).
- Villanova has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (46% vs 60%).
- The Villanova assist leader (Ryan Arcidiacono) has more assists than the Providence assist leader (Bryce Cotton).
- The Villanova basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Providence (100% vs 80%).
- AP voters think more highly of Villanova and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Providence (94 vs 14).
- Even computers respect Villanova more. We have a better RPI this season than Providence (RPI: #91 vs #108).