UMKC vs. IPFW: Full Game Preview
|UMKC||E Tyler 11.4||F Chatmon 7.2||E Tyler 3.4|
|IPFW||F Gaines 18.5||M Hines 5.9||I McCray 2.6|
On Saturday, IPFW welcomes Missouri-Kansas City at Allen County War Memorial Coliseum. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST. The Mastodons are 5-3 against the Kangaroos over the last four years. They won 76-73 on 2/25/2012 the last time they played.
Missouri-Kansas City is in 7th place in the Summit League and will be trying to close the gap with IPFW, who is currently in 6th place.
The 14 points by Frank Gaines helped the Mastodons to a 62-60 victory over South Dakota on January 17th. He leads the team with 18.5 points per game. The Kangaroos were defeated by Oakland 81-68 on January 17th despite 20 points from Estan Tyler. He leads the team in points with 11.4 per game and assists with 3.4 per game.
Missouri-Kansas City StatSmack
- The IPFW steals leader (Frank Gaines) has more steals than the Missouri-Kansas City steals leader (Nelson Kirksey).
- Isaiah McCray is ranked 6th in the Summit League in steals.
- We just win. IPFW has more wins over the last 5 years than Missouri-Kansas City (77 vs 60).
- IPFW has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.471 to 0.360).
- IPFW has a better scoring defense (63.0 allowed per game vs 71.6 allowed per game) than Missouri-Kansas City this season.
- It's only wins and losses, but IPFW has a better overall record than Missouri-Kansas City this season (6-9 vs 4-10).
- At least you keep showing up. IPFW has an average margin of victory of 9 over Missouri-Kansas City in 6 wins since 2001.
- IPFW is better at defending the three (30.3% allowed vs 42.5% allowed) than Missouri-Kansas City this season.
- IPFW beat Missouri-Kansas City by 3 points the last time they played (Feb 25, 2012).