Long Beach State vs. CS Fullerton: Full Game Preview
|Long Beach State||J Ennis 16.6||J Ennis 6.9||M Caffey 4.4|
|CS Fullerton||K Vaughn 18.6||K Vaughn 4.8||D Seeley 4.1|
Long Beach State heads to Titan Gym on Saturday to take on Cal State Fullerton. It starts at 9:05 EST. The 49ers are 3-5 against the Titans over the last four years. They lost 77-74 the last time they played (3/3/2012).
Long Beach State is in 1st place in the conference, Cal State Fullerton is in 4th place.
In their last match-up, Keala King finished with 18 points and 6 rebounds in the 49ers 91-82 victory over UC Riverside on January 17th. In addition to his 9.8 points per game, he is also chipping in 5.5 rebounds per game. For the Titans, Kwame Vaughn finished with 15 points and 5 rebounds in the 92-65 loss to UC Irvine on January 17th. With 18.6 points per game and 4.8 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Cal State Fullerton has a statistical edge over Long Beach State in a single key area, scoring, where the Titans have the upper hand over the 49ers, 82 points per game to 69 points per game. A key area of strength for Cal State Fullerton is effective field goal percentage at 57.2, which ranks 1st in their conference (and 3rd nationally).
Cal State Fullerton StatSmack
- James Ennis is ranked 5th in the Big West in points, 9th in the Big West in rebounds, 8th in the Big West in steals, and 3rd in the Big West in blocks.
- The Long Beach State rebounding leader (James Ennis) has more rebounds than the Cal State Fullerton rebounding leader (Kwame Vaughn).
- Dan Jennings is ranked 7th in the Big West in blocks.
- The Long Beach State assist leader (Michael Caffey) has more assists than the Cal State Fullerton assist leader (D.J. Seeley).
- The Long Beach State blocks leader (James Ennis) has more blocks than the Cal State Fullerton blocks leader (Sammy Yeager).
- At least you keep showing up. Long Beach State has an average margin of victory of 10 over Cal State Fullerton in 36 wins since 1980.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Long Beach State has a stronger schedule than Cal State Fullerton this season (SOS Rank: #8 vs #343).
- Even computers respect Long Beach State more. We have a better RPI this season than Cal State Fullerton (RPI: #103 vs #274).
- Michael Caffey is ranked 3rd in the Big West in assists and 5th in the Big West in steals.
- Long Beach State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.587 to 0.511).