|North Dakota State||T Braun 15.2||T Wright 5.6||L Alexander 3.9|
|Western Illinois||T Parks 13.9||T Parks 9.4||C Clark III 4.4|
Western Illinois welcomes North Dakota State to Western Hall on Saturday. It takes place at 8:00 EST. The Leathernecks are 4-5 against the Bison over the last four years. The last time they met (3/4/2012) they won 58-53.
Western Illinois is in 2nd place in the conference and trying to catch 1st place North Dakota State.
In their last match-up, Jack Houpt finished with 16 points and 5 rebounds in the Leathernecks 59-53 loss against South Dakota State on January 17th. In addition to his 7.8 points per game, he is also chipping in 3.8 rebounds per game. For the Bison, TrayVonn Wright finished with 16 points and 7 rebounds in the 78-40 blowout of IUPUI on January 17th. With 5.6 rebounds per game and 1.9 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
In reviewing statistical differences between the teams, North Dakota State appears to have an edge in one significant area, scoring, where the Bison have the upper hand over the Leathernecks, 71 points per game to 62 points per game. North Dakota State can be found near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: effective field goal percentage at 56.3 and turnover percentage at 18.2.
North Dakota State StatSmack
- Western Illinois is better under pressure, and has defeated North Dakota State in 3 out of the last 5 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Western Illinois allows fewer rebounds (28.8 allowed per game vs 31.9 allowed per game) than North Dakota State this season.
- You get an A for effort, but Western Illinois has emerged victorious against North Dakota State the last 3 times they've played.
- Ceola Clark III is ranked 4th in the Summit League in three-pointers, 4th in the Summit League in assists, and 3rd in the Summit League in steals.
- Western Illinois beat North Dakota State by 5 points the last time they played (Mar 04, 2012).
- The Western Illinois blocks leader (Terell Parks) has more blocks than the North Dakota State blocks leader (TrayVonn Wright).
- The Western Illinois steals leader (Ceola Clark III) has more steals than the North Dakota State steals leader (Taylor Braun).
- The Western Illinois rebounding leader (Terell Parks) has more rebounds than the North Dakota State rebounding leader (Marshall Bjorklund).
- The Western Illinois assist leader (Ceola Clark III) has more assists than the North Dakota State assist leader (Lawrence Alexander).
- At least you keep showing up. Western Illinois has an average margin of victory of 8 over North Dakota State in 5 wins since 2007.
|C+||Ceola Clark III||35||11||3||4||2||0||2|
|C||Don McAvoy III||28||8||4||2||1||1||2|