South Dakota State vs. IUPUI: Full Game Preview
|South Dakota State||N Wolters 21.2||J Dykstra 6.9||N Wolters 5.7|
|IUPUI||J Hart 14.2||D Gibbs 6.3||G Rice 3.1|
On Saturday, IUPUI plays host to South Dakota State at IUPUI Gymnasium. Tip-off is at 3:00 EST and you can catch it on HTSN. The Jaguars are 4-5 against the Jackrabbits over the last four years. They fell 77-56 on 3/3/2012, the last time they met.
South Dakota State maintains 3rd place in the Summit League while IUPUI sits at 9th place.
In their last match-up, Mitchell Patton finished with 17 points in the Jaguars 78-40 loss against North Dakota State on January 17th. While contributing 4.7 rebounds per game, he also scores 12.7 points per game. For the Jackrabbits, Nate Wolters finished with 22 points and 5 rebounds in the 59-53 win over Western Illinois on January 17th. He contributes a team-leading 21.2 points per game, 5.7 assists per game, and 1.7 steals per game. South Dakota State can be found near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: turnover percentage at 16.2 and defensive rebounding percentage at 73.0.
South Dakota State StatSmack
- The IUPUI rebounding leader (Donovan Gibbs) has more rebounds than the South Dakota State rebounding leader (Jordan Dykstra).
- We just win. IUPUI has more wins over the last 5 years than South Dakota State (106 vs 91).
- The IUPUI steals leader (John Hart) has more steals than the South Dakota State steals leader (Nate Wolters).
- Mitchell Patton is ranked 10th in the Summit League in points.
- The IUPUI three-point leader (John Hart) has more three-pointers than the South Dakota State three-point leader (Jordan Dykstra).
- At least you keep showing up. IUPUI has an average margin of victory of 14 over South Dakota State in 6 wins since 2007.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, IUPUI has had more players drafted by the NBA than South Dakota State (1 vs 0).
- Maybe someday you'll play some real competition. IUPUI has a stronger schedule (including future opponents) than South Dakota State this season (Projected SOS Rank: #156 vs #229).