|South Dakota State||N Wolters 21.2||J Dykstra 6.9||N Wolters 5.7|
|IUPUI||J Hart 14.2||D Gibbs 6.3||G Rice 3.1|
South Dakota State travels to IUPUI Gymnasium on Saturday to take on IUPUI. The game gets underway at 3:00 EST and you can catch it on HTSN. The Jackrabbits are 5-4 against the Jaguars over the last four years. The last time they met (3/3/2012) they won 77-56.
South Dakota State is 3rd in the conference and IUPUI is 9th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The Jackrabbits got past Western Illinois 59-53 on January 17th with the help of 22 points and 5 rebounds from Nate Wolters. He leads the team in points with 21.2 per game, assists with 5.7 per game, and steals with 1.7 per game. For the Jaguars, Mitchell Patton put up 17 points in the 78-40 loss to North Dakota State on January 17th. He contributes 4.7 rebounds per game in addition to his 12.7 points per game.
- The South Dakota State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than IUPUI (88% vs 38%).
- The South Dakota State scoring leader (Nate Wolters) has more points than the IUPUI scoring leader (John Hart).
- South Dakota State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on South Dakota State is 77.6 inches compared to 75.9 inches for IUPUI.
- Nate Wolters is ranked 11th nationally in points, 32nd nationally in assists, and 10th in the Summit League in steals.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? South Dakota State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (985 to 940) than IUPUI, per the NCAA.
- Even computers respect South Dakota State more. We have a better RPI this season than IUPUI (RPI: #87 vs #259).
- South Dakota State embarrassed IUPUI by 21 points the last time they played (Mar 03, 2012).
- You get an A for effort, but South Dakota State has emerged victorious against IUPUI the last 4 times they've played.
- South Dakota State can actually jump, with more rebounds (34.9 per game vs 29.8 per game) than IUPUI this season.
- South Dakota State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.576 to 0.537).
- South Dakota State has a better scoring defense (67.5 allowed per game vs 76.2 allowed per game) than IUPUI this season.