|Rutgers||E Carter 15.9||W Judge 6.2||D Miller 2.8|
|Notre Dame||E Atkins 16.5||J Cooley 10.7||E Atkins 6.0|
No. 20 Notre Dame hosts Rutgers at Joyce Center on Saturday. It gets started at 8:00 EST and you can catch it on SNY, Big East Net, MASN. The Fighting Irish are 4-2 against the Scarlet Knights over the last four years. They won 71-53 on 2/15/2012 the last time they played.
Notre Dame is in 6th place in the Big East and will be trying to close the gap with Rutgers, who is currently in 4th place.
In their last outing, despite 21 points and 6 steals from Eric Atkins, the Fighting Irish fell to St. John's 67-63 on January 15th. He contributes team-best marks with 16.5 points per game, 6.0 assists per game, and 2.3 steals per game. For the Scarlet Knights, Wally Judge finished with 14 points in the 70-67 win over South Florida on January 17th. He averages 7.9 points per game in addition to a team-best 6.2 rebounds per game.
- The Notre Dame basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Rutgers (100% vs 78%).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Notre Dame has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Rutgers (14 vs 1).
- The Notre Dame rebounding leader (Jack Cooley) has more rebounds than the Rutgers rebounding leader (Wally Judge).
- Even computers respect Notre Dame more. We have a better RPI this season than Rutgers (RPI: #70 vs #110).
- Jack Cooley is ranked 7th nationally in rebounds and 7th in the Big East in blocks.
- Notre Dame has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Rutgers according to Kiplinger (90.1% vs 49%).
- Jerian Grant is ranked 46th nationally in assists.
- Notre Dame is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Notre Dame is 79.0 inches compared to 76.6 inches for Rutgers.
- We just win. Notre Dame has more wins over the last 5 years than Rutgers (130 vs 75).