|Nebraska||D Talley 13.2||B Ubel 6.8||D Talley 2.5|
|Penn State||T Frazier 16.3||R Travis 7.4||D (DJ) Newbill 4.0|
On Saturday, Nebraska heads to Bryce Jordan Center to take on Penn State. Tip-off is at 1:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPNU. The Cornhuskers are 1-1 against the Nittany Lions over the last four years. They lost 67-51 the last time they played (2/11/2012).
Penn State and Nebraska share the 11th spot in the conference.
In their last match-up, Shavon Shields finished with 18 points and 8 rebounds in the Cornhuskers 65-56 loss against Purdue on January 16th. In addition to his 6.2 points per game, he is also chipping in 4.8 rebounds per game. For the Nittany Lions, Jermaine Marshall finished with 29 points and 10 rebounds in the 81-72 loss to Michigan State on January 16th. He is averaging 15.0 points and 4.6 rebounds per game. Penn State will hope to exploit their strength in defensive rebounding percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 75.1 in this area ranks 1st in the conference and 5th in the country.
Penn State StatSmack
- Even computers respect Nebraska more. We have a better RPI this season than Penn State (RPI: #76 vs #127).
- Andre Almeida is ranked 5th in the Big Ten in blocks.
- The Nebraska blocks leader (Andre Almeida) has more blocks than the Penn State blocks leader (Jonathan Graham).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Nebraska has a stronger schedule than Penn State this season (SOS Rank: #77 vs #131).
- Ray Gallegos is ranked 4th in the Big Ten in three-pointers.
- Nebraska has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (0.546 to 0.453).
- Nebraska has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Penn State ($27,594 vs $36,844).
- Nebraska has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Penn State ($15,894 vs $24,980).
- Nebraska has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Penn State ($19,128 vs $28,680).
- The Nebraska three-point leader (Ray Gallegos) has more three-pointers than the Penn State three-point leader (Jermaine Marshall).