|Connecticut||S Napier 17.1||D Daniels 4.7||R Boatright 4.6|
|Pittsburgh||T Zanna 12.1||S Adams 5.9||T Woodall 5.5|
Connecticut visits Petersen Events Center on Saturday to take on Pittsburgh. It takes place at 12:00 EST and you can see it on ESPN2. The Huskies are 2-4 against the Panthers over the last four years. They won 74-65 on 3/3/2012 the last time they played.
Connecticut is 6th in the conference and Pittsburgh is 10th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In their last match-up on January 14th, Omar Calhoun put up 20 points for the Huskies in a loss to Louisville, 73-58. He is putting up 10.7 points per game while also averaging 3.2 rebounds per game. For the Panthers, Durand Johnson finished with 13 points in the 58-43 blowout of Villanova on January 16th. He contributes 1.5 rebounds per game in addition to his 4.7 points per game. Areas of strength for Pittsburgh include: turnover percentage at 16.1, offensive rebounding percentage at 41.3, and effective field goal percentage at 53.7.
- You get an A for effort, but Connecticut has emerged victorious against Pittsburgh the last 2 times they've played.
- Connecticut has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Pittsburgh ($21,998 vs $25,242).
- The Connecticut steals leader (Shabazz Napier) has more steals than the Pittsburgh steals leader (Lamar Patterson).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Connecticut has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Pittsburgh (21 vs 6).
- The Connecticut scoring leader (Shabazz Napier) has more points than the Pittsburgh scoring leader (Talib Zanna).
- Connecticut beat Pittsburgh by 9 points the last time they played (Mar 03, 2012).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Connecticut has come back to win after being down at half against Pittsburgh 5 times since 1998.
- It must sting. Connecticut has blown out Pittsburgh by 20 points or more on 5 occasions since 1997.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Connecticut has had more players drafted by the NBA than Pittsburgh (14 vs 4).
- Ryan Boatright is ranked 10th in the Big East in assists.