Georgetown vs. South Florida: Full Game Preview
|Georgetown||O Porter 13.8||O Porter 7.7||M Starks 2.9|
|South Florida||V Rudd 11.4||V Rudd 7.6||A Collins 7.1|
On Saturday, Georgetown meets South Florida. It gets started at 6:00 EST and you can see it on MASN, Big East Net, MASN. The Hoyas are 4-1 against the Bulls over the last four years. They won 75-45 on 2/4/2012 the last time they played.
Georgetown is currently in 6th place in the conference and South Florida is in 15th.
In their last match-up, Otto Porter finished with 20 points and 8 rebounds in the Hoyas 74-65 victory over Providence on January 16th. With 13.8 points per game, 7.7 rebounds per game, and 2.0 steals per game, he leads the team in all three categories. For the Bulls, Jawanza Poland finished with 17 points and 5 rebounds in the 70-67 loss to Rutgers on January 17th. He is averaging 10.4 points and 5.0 rebounds per game.
South Florida StatSmack
- You get an A for effort, but Georgetown has emerged victorious against South Florida the last 3 times they've played.
- Be afraid. Georgetown blew out more teams than South Florida last season (9 blowouts vs 3).
- It's only wins and losses, but Georgetown has a better overall record than South Florida this season (10-1 vs 8-3).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Georgetown has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than South Florida (11 vs 0).
- Georgetown takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than South Florida (6 vs 1).
- People just expect us to beat you. Georgetown has been the favorite 8 out of the last 8 times.
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Georgetown is superior to South Florida (Latest AP Poll: #15 vs Not Ranked).
- The Georgetown blocks leader (Otto Porter) has more blocks than the South Florida blocks leader (Toarlyn Fitzpatrick).
- The Georgetown scoring leader (Greg Whittington) has more points than the South Florida scoring leader (Toarlyn Fitzpatrick).
- Georgetown has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (0.679 to 0.416).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Georgetown currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (960 to 948) than South Florida, per the NCAA.