|East Carolina||M Kemp 18.3||R Sampson 8.8||M Paul 5.7|
|Marshall||E Pittman 14.5||D Tinnon 9.0||D Kane 7.6|
On Saturday, Marshall welcomes East Carolina at Cam Henderson Center. The game gets underway at 7:00 EST. The Thundering Herd are 6-2 against the Pirates over the last four years. They fell 69-68 on 2/29/2012, the last time they met.
The Thundering Herd fell 74-63 to Texas-El Paso on January 12th. Dennis Tinnon finished with 19 points in the loss. In addition to a team-leading 9.0 rebounds per game, he chips in 10.9 points per game. In an 89-78 victory over Houston on January 16th, Maurice Kemp put up 30 points and 9 rebounds for the Pirates. With 18.3 points per game and 1.8 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. A key area of strength for East Carolina is turnover percentage at 16.7, which ranks 1st in their conference (and 19th nationally).
East Carolina StatSmack
- People just expect us to beat you. Marshall has been the favorite 11 out of the last 14 times.
- Dennis Tinnon is ranked 37th nationally in rebounds.
- We just win. Marshall has more wins over the last 5 years than East Carolina (105 vs 75).
- At least you keep showing up. Marshall has an average margin of victory of 16 over East Carolina in 10 wins since 2005.
- Elijah Pittman is ranked 10th in C-USA in blocks.
- Diaper Dandies love us. Marshall has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than East Carolina (1 vs 0).
- Nigel Spikes is ranked 28th nationally in rebounds and 7th in C-USA in blocks.
- The Marshall assist leader (DeAndre Kane) has more assists than the East Carolina assist leader (Miguel Paul).
- Marshall is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Marshall is 214 lbs compared to 202 lbs for East Carolina.
- D.D. Scarver is ranked 10th in C-USA in points and 43rd nationally in three-pointers.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Marshall has a stronger schedule than East Carolina this season (SOS Rank: #206 vs #223).