|Florida State||M Snaer 15.1||T Shannon 6.5||M Snaer 2.6|
|Virginia||J Harris 15.1||A Mitchell 9.3||J Evans 3.3|
Virginia welcomes Florida State to John Paul Jones Arena on Saturday. Tip-off is at 4:00 EST and you can catch it on ACC Network. The Cavaliers are 0-6 against the Seminoles over the last four years. They lost 63-60 the last time they played (3/1/2012).
Virginia is 8th in the ACC and Florida State is in 4th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The Cavaliers were defeated by Clemson 59-44 on January 12th despite 14 points and 5 rebounds from Joe Harris. He leads the team with 15.1 points per game. The Seminoles were defeated by North Carolina 77-72 on January 12th despite 15 points and 6 rebounds from Okaro White. He averages 13.4 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.4 blocks per game.
Florida State StatSmack
- Joe Harris is ranked 4th in the ACC in points and 3rd in the ACC in three-pointers.
- Darion Atkins is ranked 6th in the ACC in blocks.
- Virginia does a better job contesting shots (35.3% allowed vs 40.6% allowed) than Florida State this season.
- Virginia is better at defending the three (28.9% allowed vs 32.8% allowed) than Florida State this season.
- Akil Mitchell is ranked 36th nationally in rebounds.
- Virginia has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (32% vs 61%).
- The Virginia three-point leader (Joe Harris) has more three-pointers than the Florida State three-point leader (Michael Snaer).
- Virginia has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Florida State according to Kiplinger (85% vs 47%).
- Virginia has a much better Kiplinger Out-of-State Ranking than Florida State (#5 vs #39).
- Virginia has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (0.551 to 0.548).
|C||T. Whisnant II||21||7||2||1||1||0||0|