|Georgia State||R Hunter 15.4||M Atkins 6.2||D White 3.3|
|Old Dominion||D Painter 11.6||D Painter 8.1||D Hill 2.9|
Georgia State travels to Constant Convocation Center on Saturday to take on Old Dominion. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST and you can see it on CSN-MA+, CSS, COX. The Panthers are 1-6 against the Monarchs over the last four years. They lost 65-60 the last time they played (2/22/2012).
Georgia State is 7th in the CAA and Old Dominion is in 11th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The 21 points and 5 rebounds by Manny Atkins helped the Panthers to a 74-58 cakewalk over William & Mary on January 16th. On top of a team-high 6.2 rebounds per game, he also scores 13.4 points per game. For the Monarchs, DeShawn Painter put up 18 points and 8 rebounds in the 65-60 loss to North Carolina-Wilmington on January 16th. He contributes a team-leading 11.6 points per game, 8.1 rebounds per game, and 1.0 blocks per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Old Dominion is strong in offensive rebounding percentage at 40.9. This is good enough for 1st in the conference and 11th in the nation.
Old Dominion StatSmack
- It's only wins and losses, but Georgia State has a better overall record than Old Dominion this season (5-8 vs 2-11).
- The Georgia State scoring leader (R.J. Hunter) has more points than the Old Dominion scoring leader (DeShawn Painter).
- Georgia State is a better three-point shooting team (32.9% vs 28.8%) than Old Dominion this season.
- The Georgia State blocks leader (James Vincent) has more blocks than the Old Dominion blocks leader (DeShawn Painter).
- The Georgia State three-point leader (R.J. Hunter) has more three-pointers than the Old Dominion three-point leader (Aaron Bacote).
- Devonta White is ranked 8th in the CAA in points, 5th in the CAA in assists, and 29th nationally in steals.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Georgia State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (971 to 947) than Old Dominion, per the NCAA.
- R.J. Hunter is ranked 4th in the CAA in points, 3rd in the CAA in three-pointers, 2nd in the CAA in steals, and 7th in the CAA in blocks.
- Georgia State is better at defending the three (35.1% allowed vs 39.2% allowed) than Old Dominion this season.
- The Georgia State steals leader (Devonta White) has more steals than the Old Dominion steals leader (Donte Hill).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Georgia State has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Old Dominion (1 vs 0).