Montana State vs. Montana: Full Game Preview
|Montana State||C Moon 14.0||P Egwuonwu 5.4||A Biglow 3.4|
|Montana||M Ward 15.6||K Jamar 6.1||W Cherry 5.3|
Montana welcomes Montana State to Dahlberg Arena on Saturday. The game tips off at 9:00 EST and you can see it on Max Media. The Grizzlies are 6-3 against the Bobcats over the last four years. They won 57-47 on 2/25/2012 the last time they played.
Montana State and Montana are packed together in the Big Sky, holding down 3rd and 1st place, respectively. Montana will be looking to extend its seven-game win streak.
In their last match-up, Mathias Ward finished with 20 points in the Grizzlies 73-67 victory over Southern Utah on January 17th. His 15.6 points per game is the highest mark on the team. The Bobcats were defeated by North Dakota 86-73 on January 12th despite 11 points and 7 rebounds from Marcus Colbert. He contributes 2.2 rebounds per game in addition to his 5.2 points per game. Montana State ranks 1st in their conference in turnover percentage at 17.8, which also places them 49th in the country.
Montana State StatSmack
- Montana takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Montana State (4 vs 0).
- Montana players are more experienced than Montana State players (8,914 minutes played vs 4,689 minutes played).
- Montana is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Montana is 77.4 inches compared to 74.8 inches for Montana State.
- Montana is a better free-throw-shooting team (75.6% vs 68.6%) than Montana State this season.
- Montana has a better scoring defense (65.9 allowed per game vs 74.6 allowed per game) than Montana State this season.
- Montana waxed Montana State by 10 points the last time they played (Feb 25, 2012).
- The Montana basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Montana State (78% vs 50%).
- You get an A for effort, but Montana has emerged victorious against Montana State the last 4 times they've played.
- The Montana blocks leader (Andy Martin) has more blocks than the Montana State blocks leader (Paul Egwuonwu).