Jackson State vs. Grambling State: Full Game Preview
|Jackson State||D Nelson 16.9||W Readus 5.8||D Nelson 2.4|
|Grambling State||T Rose 15.4||B Purvis 5.5||D Copeland 3.5|
Grambling State plays host to Jackson State at Fredrick C. Hobdy Assembly Center on Saturday. It starts at 6:00 EST. The Grambling State Tigers are 3-7 against the Jackson State Tigers over the last four years. They fell 63-60 on 2/18/2012, the last time they met.
This game will separate Jackson State and Grambling State, who currently share 9th place in the SWAC.
In spite of 14 points from Steven Danridge, the Grambling State Tigers came up short 95-50 against Texas Southern on January 14th. While contributing 2.1 rebounds per game, he also scores 2.9 points per game. For the Jackson State Tigers, Dundrecous Nelson finished with 24 points in the 73-59 loss to Prairie View A&M on January 14th. With 16.9 points per game and 2.4 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Reviewing current performance metrics, Jackson State has an edge in one significant category, scoring, where the Jackson State Tigers have the upper hand over the Grambling State Tigers, 63 points per game to 48 points per game.
Jackson State StatSmack
- The Grambling State rebounding leader (Peter "PJ" Roberson) has more rebounds than the Jackson State rebounding leader (Derrell Taylor).
- The Grambling State blocks leader (Peter "PJ" Roberson) has more blocks than the Jackson State blocks leader (Sydney Coleman).
- The Grambling State three-point leader (Terry Rose) has more three-pointers than the Jackson State three-point leader (Kelsey Howard).
- Grambling State is a better free-throw-shooting team (70.8% vs 63.2%) than Jackson State this season.
- Grambling State allows fewer rebounds (40.0 allowed per game vs 45.0 allowed per game) than Jackson State this season.
- The Grambling State scoring leader (Terry Rose) has more points than the Jackson State scoring leader (Kelsey Howard).
- Peter "PJ" Roberson is ranked 5th in the SWAC in blocks.
- The Grambling State assist leader (David Copeland) has more assists than the Jackson State assist leader (Christian Williams).
- Grambling State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Grambling State is 208 lbs compared to 197 lbs for Jackson State.
- Terry Rose is ranked 10th in the SWAC in points and 2nd in the SWAC in three-pointers.