|Villanova||J Pinkston 12.9||M Yarou 6.2||R Arcidiacono 3.3|
|Providence||B Cotton 21.6||L Henton 8.3||V Council 6.7|
On Saturday, Providence hosts Villanova at Dunkin' Donuts Center. It gets started at 4:00 EST and you can see it on PHL17, Cox, MSG, MASN. The Friars are 1-4 against the Wildcats over the last four years. They fell 74-72 on 2/7/2012, the last time they met.
Providence is in 13th place in the conference, Villanova is in 6th place.
In their last match-up on January 16th, Bryce Cotton put up 21 points for the Friars in a loss to Georgetown, 74-65. With 21.6 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. For the Wildcats, James Bell put up 5 points and 5 rebounds in the 58-43 loss to Pittsburgh on January 16th. He is averaging 9.5 points and 4.5 rebounds per game. Villanova can be found near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: free throw rate at 51.4 and defensive rebounding percentage at 72.5.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Providence has had more players drafted by the NBA than Villanova (4 vs 3).
- The Providence rebounding leader (LaDontae Henton) has more rebounds than the Villanova rebounding leader (Mouphtaou Yarou).
- We make our fans proud. Providence has a better record at home than Villanova this season (7-0 vs 5-2).
- Providence is better at defending the three (26.0% allowed vs 35.8% allowed) than Villanova this season.
- It must sting. Providence has blown out Villanova by 20 points or more on 4 occasions since 1996.
- At least you keep showing up. Providence has an average margin of victory of 11 over Villanova in 23 wins since 1980.
- Providence players are more experienced than Villanova players (10,385 minutes played vs 9,257 minutes played).
- The Providence scoring leader (Bryce Cotton) has more points than the Villanova scoring leader (JayVaughn Pinkston).
- The Providence steals leader (LaDontae Henton) has more steals than the Villanova steals leader (Darrun Hilliard).
- Bryce Cotton is ranked 7th in the Big East in points and 3rd in the Big East in three-pointers.
- LaDontae Henton is ranked 9th in the Big East in points and 5th in the Big East in rebounds.