Connecticut vs. Pittsburgh: Full Game Preview
|Connecticut||S Napier 17.1||D Daniels 4.7||R Boatright 4.6|
|Pittsburgh||T Zanna 12.1||S Adams 5.9||T Woodall 5.5|
Pittsburgh hosts Connecticut at Petersen Events Center on Saturday. It takes place at 12:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN2. The Panthers are 4-2 against the Huskies over the last four years. They fell 74-65 on 3/3/2012, the last time they met.
Pittsburgh is currently in 10th place in the Big East and Connecticut is in 6th place.
In their last match-up, Trey Zeigler finished with 13 points and 6 rebounds in the Panthers 58-43 blowout of Villanova on January 16th. He is putting up 5.1 points per game while also averaging 1.8 rebounds per game. For the Huskies, Shabazz Napier finished with 12 points and 6 assists in the 73-58 loss to Louisville on January 14th. He leads the team in points with 17.1 per game and steals with 2.1 per game.
- James Robinson is ranked 8th in the Big East in assists.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Pittsburgh currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (990 to 889) than Connecticut, per the NCAA.
- Pittsburgh has a better scoring defense (52.5 allowed per game vs 63.2 allowed per game) than Connecticut this season.
- AP voters think more highly of Pittsburgh and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Connecticut (164 vs 156).
- Pittsburgh has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Connecticut ($34,898 vs $38,462).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Pittsburgh has come back to win after being down at half against Connecticut 4 times since 1996.
- Steven Adams is ranked 6th in the Big East in rebounds and 5th in the Big East in blocks.
- The Pittsburgh assist leader (Tray Woodall) has more assists than the Connecticut assist leader (Ryan Boatright).
- Pittsburgh has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.752 to 0.703).
- Pittsburgh players are more experienced than Connecticut players (12,937 minutes played vs 10,559 minutes played).
- Tray Woodall is ranked 18th nationally in assists.