San Diego State vs. Wyoming: Full Game Preview
|San Diego State||J Franklin 18.4||J Franklin 10.1||J Franklin 3.3|
|Wyoming||L Martinez 14.5||L Washington 8.9||D Gilmore 2.6|
On Saturday, Wyoming welcomes No. 15 San Diego State at Arena-Auditorium. Tip-off occurs at 7:30 EST and you can catch it on TWCSN. The Cowboys are 2-6 against the Aztecs over the last four years. They lost 67-58 the last time they played (2/22/2012).
Wyoming is in 6th place in the conference, San Diego State is in 2nd place.
The Cowboys were defeated by Fresno State 49-36 on January 16th despite 10 points from Riley Grabau. He tallies 6.6 points per game and also adds 2.5 assists per game. For the Aztecs, Jamaal Franklin finished with 27 points and 7 rebounds in the 82-75 loss to UNLV on January 16th. He leads the team in points with 18.4 per game, rebounds with 10.1 per game, and assists with 3.3 per game.
San Diego State has a statistical edge over Wyoming in two specific areas. The Aztecs have the upper hand in rebounding, 37 per game to 30 per game. In addition, San Diego State has the edge in scoring, 72 points per game to 65 points per game.
San Diego State StatSmack
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Wyoming has come back to win after being down at half against San Diego State 7 times since 1999.
- Leonard Washington is ranked 10th in the Mountain West in points, 48th nationally in rebounds, and 1st in the Mountain West in blocks.
- Laramie isn't as congested as San Diego (population is significantly lower).
- It's only wins and losses, but Wyoming has a better overall record than San Diego State this season (13-0 vs 12-2).
- The Wyoming blocks leader (Leonard Washington) has more blocks than the San Diego State blocks leader (Skylar Spencer).
- The Wyoming steals leader (Luke Martinez) has more steals than the San Diego State steals leader (Jamaal Franklin).
- Luke Martinez is ranked 50th nationally in three-pointers and 3rd in the Mountain West in steals.
- Wyoming allows fewer rebounds (29.5 allowed per game vs 32.6 allowed per game) than San Diego State this season.
- Larry Nance Jr is ranked 7th in the Mountain West in rebounds.
- At least you keep showing up. Wyoming has an average margin of victory of 11 over San Diego State in 35 wins since 1980.
|D+||Dwayne Polee II||12||3||2||0||0||0||1|
|B||Larry Nance Jr||31||11||7||1||1||1||2|
|D+||Derek Cooke Jr||11||2||3||0||0||0||1|