|Boise State||D Marks 17.0||R Watkins 7.3||D Marks 3.9|
|Air Force||M Lyons 17.7||M Lyons 4.7||T Fletcher 4.1|
On Saturday, Air Force plays host to Boise State at Clune Arena. It gets started at 4:00 EST. The Falcons are 1-1 against the Broncos over the last four years. They fell 72-61 on 2/11/2012, the last time they met.
Air Force is in 6th place in the conference and just behind 4th place Boise State with a chance to close in.
The Falcons were defeated by Colorado State 79-40 on January 16th despite 8 points from Todd Fletcher. He leads the team in assists with 4.1 per game and steals with 1.4 per game. The Broncos were defeated by New Mexico 79-74 on January 16th despite 27 points and 6 rebounds from Derrick Marks. He puts up a team-leading 17.0 points per game, 3.9 assists per game, and 2.2 steals per game. Areas of strength for Boise State include: effective field goal percentage at 55.9 and defensive rebounding percentage at 76.3.
Boise State StatSmack
- The Air Force basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Boise State (91% vs 75%).
- Todd Fletcher is ranked 4th in the Mountain West in assists and 7th in the Mountain West in steals.
- The Air Force assist leader (Todd Fletcher) has more assists than the Boise State assist leader (Derrick Marks).
- Air Force players are more experienced than Boise State players (12,012 minutes played vs 8,224 minutes played).
- Taylor Broekhuis is ranked 6th in the Mountain West in blocks.
- The Air Force blocks leader (Taylor Broekhuis) has more blocks than the Boise State blocks leader (Ryan Watkins).
- Michael Lyons is ranked 5th in the Mountain West in points and 6th in the Mountain West in three-pointers.
- AP voters think more highly of Air Force and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Boise State (13 vs 1).
- The Air Force scoring leader (Michael Lyons) has more points than the Boise State scoring leader (Derrick Marks).