|UAB||R Rucker 14.3||R Rucker 8.4||T Jones 5.0|
|Southern Miss||D Davis 13.0||J Mills 6.9||N Watson 5.0|
On Saturday, Southern Miss plays host to UAB at Reed Green Coliseum. Tip-off is at 6:00 EST and you can catch it on CSS. The Golden Eagles are 3-7 against the Blazers over the last four years. They lost 71-61 the last time they played (2/8/2012).
Southern Miss is in 1st place in the conference, UAB is in 10th place. Southern Miss has won its last six games.
In a 74-70 win over Southern Methodist on January 16th, Dwayne Davis put up 17 points for the Golden Eagles. He leads the team with 13.0 points per game. For the Blazers, Rod Rucker finished with 16 points and 11 rebounds in the 69-53 loss to Memphis on January 12th. He leads the team in points with 14.3 per game, rebounds with 8.4 per game, and steals with 1.3 per game.
- It's only wins and losses, but Southern Miss has a better overall record than UAB this season (10-4 vs 7-6).
- The Southern Miss basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than UAB (54% vs 25%).
- Even computers respect Southern Miss more. We have a better RPI this season than UAB (RPI: #56 vs #124).
- Southern Miss has a better scoring defense (59.1 allowed per game vs 73.9 allowed per game) than UAB this season.
- Neil Watson is ranked 4th in C-USA in assists and 4th in C-USA in steals.
- Southern Miss allows fewer rebounds (29.6 allowed per game vs 35.1 allowed per game) than UAB this season.
- Michael Craig is ranked 1st in C-USA in steals.
- Southern Miss does a better job contesting shots (38.8% allowed vs 43.7% allowed) than UAB this season.
- The Southern Miss steals leader (Michael Craig) has more steals than the UAB steals leader (Quincy Taylor).
- At least you keep showing up. Southern Miss has an average margin of victory of 9 over UAB in 14 wins since 1980.
- The Southern Miss assist leader (Neil Watson) has more assists than the UAB assist leader (Terence Jones).