Morehead State vs. Tennessee-Martin: Full Game Preview
|Morehead State||M Chavis 11.9||C Posthumus 6.8||D Atkinson 5.2|
|Tennessee-Martin||M Taylor 16.8||M Taylor 7.6||J Childs 2.6|
Morehead State travels to Skyhawk Arena on Saturday to take on Tennessee-Martin. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST. The Eagles are 7-1 against the Skyhawks over the last four years. The last time they met (1/21/2012) they won 62-56.
Morehead State is in 5th place in the conference, Tennessee-Martin is in 11th place.
In a 75-59 dismantling of Southeast Missouri State on January 17th, Drew Kelly put up 15 points for the Eagles. He contributes 3.5 rebounds per game in addition to his 7.6 points per game. The Skyhawks were defeated by Belmont 90-53 on January 12th despite 15 points and 8 rebounds from Myles Taylor. He leads the team in points with 16.8 per game, rebounds with 7.6 per game, and blocks with 0.6 per game.
- Morehead State takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Tennessee-Martin (2 vs 0).
- Morehead State has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.608 to 0.324).
- The Morehead State blocks leader (Jason Holmes) has more blocks than the Tennessee-Martin blocks leader (Myles Taylor).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Morehead State has come back to win after being down at half against Tennessee-Martin 7 times since 2000.
- Milton Chavis is ranked 3rd in the Ohio Valley in steals.
- It must sting. Morehead State has blown out Tennessee-Martin by 20 points or more on 5 occasions since 2002.
- The Morehead State assist leader (Devon Atkinson) has more assists than the Tennessee-Martin assist leader (Justin Childs).
- Devon Atkinson is ranked 46th nationally in assists and 9th in the Ohio Valley in steals.
- Morehead State beat Tennessee-Martin by 6 points the last time they played (Jan 21, 2012).
- You get an A for effort, but Morehead State has emerged victorious against Tennessee-Martin the last 6 times they've played.
- The Morehead State steals leader (Milton Chavis) has more steals than the Tennessee-Martin steals leader (Justin Childs).