|Wake Forest||C Harris 15.2||T McKie 7.8||C Miller-McIntyre 2.8|
|Virginia Tech||E Green 24.8||C Raines 6.5||E Green 4.5|
Wake Forest heads to Cassell Coliseum on Saturday to take on Virginia Tech. The game gets underway at 2:00 EST and you can catch it on ACC Network or ESPN3.com. The Demon Deacons are 1-4 against the Hokies over the last four years. The last time they met (1/7/2012) they won 58-55.
Virginia Tech is in 8th place in the conference and Wake Forest is in 5th place.
In their last match-up on January 15th, Travis McKie put up 12 points and 11 rebounds for the Demon Deacons in a loss to Clemson, 60-44. On top of his scoring average of 15.0 points per game, he delivers 7.8 rebounds per game. For the Hokies, Erick Green finished with 28 points and 5 rebounds in the 70-65 win over Georgia Tech on January 12th. He puts up a team-leading 24.8 points per game, 4.5 assists per game, and 1.6 steals per game.
Virginia Tech StatSmack
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Wake Forest has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Virginia Tech (10 vs 1).
- Wake Forest takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Virginia Tech (5 vs 1).
- At least you keep showing up. Wake Forest has an average margin of victory of 9 over Virginia Tech in 6 wins since 1983.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Wake Forest has a stronger schedule than Virginia Tech this season (SOS Rank: #202 vs #249).
- Wake Forest allows fewer rebounds (33.9 allowed per game vs 39.0 allowed per game) than Virginia Tech this season.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Wake Forest has had more players drafted by the NBA than Virginia Tech (5 vs 1).
- Travis McKie is ranked 8th in the ACC in rebounds and 8th in the ACC in steals.
- Wake Forest has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (0.627 to 0.548).
- Devin Thomas is ranked 8th in the ACC in blocks.
- Wake Forest has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Virginia Tech (#28 vs #71).
- Wake Forest has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Virginia Tech (#23 vs #55).
|D+||A. Adala Moto||15||5||4||0||1||0||1|
|D+||A. Roundtree III||13||3||2||1||1||1||1|
|C-||J. van Zegeren||16||5||3||0||0||1||1|