St John's vs. DePaul: Full Game Preview
|St John's||D Harrison 19.8||J Sampson 6.6||P Greene IV 2.9|
|DePaul||C Melvin 17.7||C Melvin 7.6||B Young 4.4|
St. John's visits Allstate Arena on Saturday to take on DePaul. It gets started at 12:00 EST and it can be seen on SNY, Big East Net, MASN. The Red Storm are 6-0 against the Blue Demons over the last four years. The last time they met (2/20/2012) they won 79-72.
DePaul is in 12th place in the Big East and will be trying to close the gap with St. John's, who is currently in 10th place.
In their last outing, behind 17 points from JaKarr Sampson, the Red Storm defeated Notre Dame 67-63 on January 15th. In addition to a team-leading 6.6 rebounds per game, he chips in 13.8 points per game. The Blue Demons were defeated by Cincinnati 75-70 on January 15th despite 32 points and 8 rebounds from Cleveland Melvin. He puts up a team-leading 17.7 points per game, 7.6 rebounds per game, and 1.6 steals per game.
- JaKarr Sampson is ranked 10th in the Big East in rebounds and 8th in the Big East in blocks.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. St. John's has a stronger schedule than DePaul this season (SOS Rank: #98 vs #318).
- The St. John's three-point leader (D`Angelo Harrison) has more three-pointers than the DePaul three-point leader (Moses Morgan).
- Diaper Dandies love us. St. John's has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than DePaul (13 vs 8).
- D`Angelo Harrison is ranked 23rd nationally in points, 5th in the Big East in three-pointers, and 9th in the Big East in steals.
- St. John's has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than DePaul (#31 vs #69).
- It must sting. St. John's has blown out DePaul by 20 points or more on 4 occasions since 2008.
- St. John's has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than DePaul (#68 vs #162).
- We just win. St. John's has more wins over the last 5 years than DePaul (86 vs 56).
- You get an A for effort, but St. John's has emerged victorious against DePaul the last 6 times they've played.
- Chris Obekpa is ranked 1st nationally in blocks.
|C+||Phil Greene IV||32||9||3||3||1||0||2|
|D+||D. Robertson Jr.||16||3||3||0||0||1||1|