|Coppin State||M Murray 13.1||M Murray 9.3||T Franklin 2.7|
|Norfolk State||P Williams 12.8||R Gaston 6.3||J Fuentes 5.4|
Norfolk State welcomes Coppin State to Joseph G. Echols Hall on Saturday. Tip-off is at 6:00 EST. The Spartans are 6-2 against the Eagles over the last four years. They fell 87-82 on 1/30/2012, the last time they met.
Norfolk State is in 1st place in the conference, Coppin State is in 7th place.
The Spartans got past Howard 54-49 on January 14th with the help of 17 points and 5 rebounds from Pendarvis Williams. His 12.8 points per game is the highest mark on the team. For the Eagles, Patrick Cole put up 8 points and 5 assists in the 79-58 blowout of South Carolina State on January 14th. He contributes 2.7 rebounds per game in addition to his 10.7 points per game. Coppin State ranks 2nd in their conference in turnover percentage at 19.8, which also places them 147th in the country.
Coppin State StatSmack
- Malcom Hawkins is ranked 9th in the MEAC in points.
- Pendarvis Williams is ranked 7th in the MEAC in three-pointers.
- At least you keep showing up. Norfolk State has an average margin of victory of 8 over Coppin State in 16 wins since 1998.
- Norfolk State is better under pressure, and has defeated Coppin State in 5 out of the last 9 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Rob Johnson is ranked 10th in the MEAC in rebounds.
- Norfolk State allows fewer rebounds (37.8 allowed per game vs 42.2 allowed per game) than Coppin State this season.
- Even computers respect Norfolk State more. We have a better RPI this season than Coppin State (RPI: #170 vs #254).
- Jamel Fuentes is ranked 2nd in the MEAC in assists and 5th in the MEAC in steals.
- How does our back look? Norfolk State is ranked higher than Coppin State in the MEAC (#1 vs #6).
- Brandon Goode is ranked 9th in the MEAC in blocks.
|F||B. St. Louis||7||0||1||0||0||0||0|
|D||K. Lila-St. Rose||9||3||2||0||0||0||1|