West Virginia vs. Purdue: Full Game Preview
|West Virginia||J Staten 10.3||A Murray 7.1||J Staten 3.2|
|Purdue||T Johnson 13.4||A Hammons 6.4||R Johnson 3.5|
West Virginia heads to Mackey Arena on Saturday to take on Purdue. The game starts at 2:00 EST and you can catch it on CBS. The Mountaineers are 1-1 against the Boilermakers over the last four years. They won 68-64 on 1/16/2011 the last time they played.
The Mountaineers fell 69-67 to Iowa State on January 16th. Jabarie Hinds finished with 20 points and 5 rebounds in the loss. He contributes 2.1 rebounds per game in addition to his 8.1 points per game. For the Boilermakers, A.J. Hammons put up 14 points and 8 rebounds in the 65-56 win over Nebraska on January 16th. He leads the team in rebounds with 6.4 per game and blocks with 2.0 per game.
- The West Virginia steals leader (Juwan Staten) has more steals than the Purdue steals leader (Ronnie Johnson).
- How does our back look? West Virginia is ranked higher than Purdue in their conference (#1 vs #4).
- We make our fans proud. West Virginia has a better record at home than Purdue this season (5-0 vs 5-2).
- The top-ranking players between the two conferences for rebounds and blocks are in the Big 12.
- Even computers respect West Virginia more. We have a better RPI this season than Purdue (RPI: #78 vs #183).
- The Big 12 has had 23 more NBA Draft picks than the Big Ten over the past 10 years.
- The Big 12 has had 1 more NCAA Tournament Championship than the Big Ten over the past 5 years.
- West Virginia has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Purdue (1 vs 0).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. West Virginia has a stronger schedule than Purdue this season (SOS Rank: #39 vs #107).
- The West Virginia blocks leader (Aaric Murray) has more blocks than the Purdue blocks leader (A.J. Hammons).